The Third Issue of Volume 17 of Criminological Highlights – June 2018 is now Available!
The eight papers that are summarized in this issue address the following questions:
- Does pretrial detention for people accused of minor crimes contribute to public safety?
- What approach to reducing firearms deaths might work?
- How are youth justice policies and health care needs linked?
- When homicide rates suddenly spike, should we be worried?
- How do former prisoners get jobs?
- What are some of the necessary conditions that one should look for in youth justice treatment programs?
- What kinds of jobs in a community might help reduce recidivism among those being released from prison?
- Are youths who have been found guilty of homicide offences especially dangerous when they are released into the community?
+ Read the current and back issues of Criminological Highlights