To effectively disseminate research-informed correctional knowledge and promote its application for the advancement of professional and humane corrections and prisons world-wide.
- Assist ICPA members (i.e., individuals & agencies/jurisdictions, committees) to become more aware of the most recent, relevant and reliable research findings in the field;
- Help in translating (explaining) the practice and policy-related implications of this research knowledge;
- As it becomes practical and possible to do, offer ‘technical assistance’ for capacity building in select jurisdictions/agencies in implementing and evaluating research-informed change in correctional operations;
- Conduct some useful and needed cross-national comparative studies (i.e., surveys and/or other data gathering efforts) in thematic areas identified in conjunction with the ICPA Strategic Committees (Training, Community Corrections, Prisons);
- In assisting ICPA in promoting and realizing its Vision and Objectives, work towards establishing collaborative partnerships and garnering greater support and involvement from the academic and scientific research communities in our Annual & Regional Conferences, Newsletter, Web Site, and other ICPA activities.
MEMBERS OF THE GROUP: