ICPA’s Mission is to promote and share ethical and effective correctional practices to enhance public safety and healthier communities world-wide
ICPA’s Vision is to be the recognized leader for the advancement of professional and humane corrections and prisons world-wide
ICPA’s Values are:
- Effective community corrections and the use of imprisonment only as a last resort;
Integrity and professionalism;
- The sharing of ideas, knowledge, values and experience and working in partnership;
- The capacity of individuals to change for the better and the need to support them;
- The dignity of all individuals and the duty to protect their rights.
ICPA’s Objectives are:
- To maintain ICPA as an innovative, learning organization, promoting and disseminating good practice;
- To enhance co-operation between regions, countries, public, private and voluntary sectors involved in corrections and prisons;
- To develop and promote policies and standards for professional and humane corrections and prisons;
- To influence governments, policy-makers and the public to adopt humane and effective correctional policies and practices and assist in their implementation.
ICPA`s Strategic Priorities are:
- Delivering a world class conference;
- Facilitating transformational correctional leadership training;
- Facilitating the implementation and delivery of evidence-based offenders interventions.
Read the ICPA By-Laws: http://bit.ly/2n2eJhe